… or so goes the story.
Help Robby the robot clearing the mazes – but beware of the conehead bots! As Robby grabs one of the power pellets he becomes invincible for a short time while the conehead bots turn blue.
Good news: You will collect an extra live for every 10000 points (but you may not have more than five lives in stock). Additional bonus points are scored for any collected batteries (size "D").
The use of sound may affect the animation speed of the game.
Set the sound slider to zero to optimize the game for slower machines.
The Collector's Edition features realistic models of some famous tin robots:
The "Pug Robby" and the " "Conehead" robot.
Interested in the robots? – Have a look at the robots' family portrait.
Moving / Controls
Use the cursor keys or the numeric keypad to guide Robby through the maze.
You may also use the following keys:
||P or ESC||....||Pause / resume
Touch Screens / Mouse Control
Control the Robby by strokes (mouse gestures) at the maze:
- Click (tap) anywhere in the maze and drag the pointer in the desired direction.
(You may steer in advance, not only when Robby is just encountering a crossing.)
- Double-click (tap rapidly twice) to pause/resume the game.
- Use the "New Game" button to start a new game.
- Special Moves:
You may even use compound gestures (e.g.: left and up in a single movement): Steer in the first direction, keep the mouse down and steer in the next direction just after the turn.
This may be especially useful to navigate through winding passages as you haven't to click again for every turn.
Levels and Layouts
You may select any of these sets of maze-layouts from the "Mazes" pop-up menu:
- Continuous: Travel trough all 25 levels available at once.
- Shuffle Play: Pick a random mix from all levels available.
- Space Levels: Five levels dedicated to the outer space theme. (© mass:werk)
- Altair Levels: Another five outer space levels dedicated to this game. (© mass:werk)
- Nomura Levels: Yet another five levels dedicated to the outer space theme. (© mass:werk)*
- Pac Levels: Sweet memories of Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man (5 levels).
- Start From #: Select a level to start from. Displays a visual index of all levels available.
*) The "Nomura Levels" originally came with "Lost In Maze! Part 2" where they were known as "B-9 Levels". The "Space Levels" are common to all parts of the "Lost In Maze!" series.
A tiny Adobe Flash movie (swf-file) is used as a simple sound player in case that Flash Player 9.0 or higher is detected. This provides a robust cross-browser sound integration in absence of any real world standard for sound integration and scripted sound control. Flash is not used for any other purpose – the game works just the same without the Flash plug-in. (Even the volume control is implemented in DHTML, just for the fun of it.)
A Word on Internet Explorer (v. 5 – 8)
This should not be an issue with Internet Explorer version 9 and higher.
Page, scripts, and images: © 1996-2010 Norbert Landsteiner, mass:werk – media environments
All rights reserved. No copying or publication without the author's written permission.
3D-images rendered with POV-Ray 3.6.
Title typogrophy: SpacePatrol.ttf, TrueCrimes.ttf.